A garden party or BBQ for PEPY Empowering Youth… let’s get outside and celebrate! In addition to having a great time with friends and family, your event can be an opportunity to your interest in Cambodia with your friends and family.
Below are some useful tips and questions to consider when planning a garden party or BBQ and the best ways to make your event ‘PEPY-proof’, ’ to help share some information about PEPY as part of the event.
Hints and tips
- Pick a theme – a quaint little garden party with tea on the lawn? Or a pirate BBQ with sword-kebabs?
- What is your aim? – are you creating awareness of PEPY? Networking with PEPY donors? Trying to break your fundraising target? Or all of the above?
- What is your budget?
- What food and/or beverages will you provide? Why not try some traditional Khmer recipes at www.khmerkromrecipes.com, or ask friends to bring their favourite foods along too!
- Every garden party needs some games! Why not try some Khmer party games to give a fun Cambodian twist to your day. Visit www.khmerinstitute.org, go to the culture page and click on festival games.
- Check your weather forecast!
Making it PEPY-proof
- Print out the PEPY flyers and make them available to your guests.
- Have a few PEPY sign-up forms handy so that people who are interested, or who have donated money can be connected with PEPY’s team in Cambodia.
- Make a formal announcement before, during, or after your event and explain why you are passionate about spreading awareness about Cambodia, and the value of education.
- Set up a projector and introduce friends to the PEPY website.
- Have one or more computers available so that guests can donate online.
- Set up a collection box so that guests can donate via cash (You can then pool the money and donate that amount online on behalf of your guests.)
- Inform guests about our sister organization, PEPY Tours.
- Document your event with pictures and send them to PEPY.
- Let us know how it went! Live tweet your event (find us at @PEY_NGO), and share the outcome of your party through Facebook and Twitter.
- Fill in our PEPY event feedback form, so that we can help future events just like yours!
If you have any questions or thoughts about creating your very own garden party or BBQ, we’d love to hear from you. The Communications Team are waiting for your email: [email protected]